1: How are you doing?
2: Do you like Chick-Fil-A?
3: Favorite Artists on DA
4: Who are your favorite bands or singers?
5: Opinion on bullying?
6: What are you doing with your life?
7: Are you mad for me tagging you?
1. I'm fine, thanks for asking. This has been a busy moth with me going to different kinds of school related competitions. But now I have a weekend off and I have nothing planned so yey! That means drawing ♥
2. I had to google that xD We don't have Chick-Fil-A in Finland. My fastfood of choice would be Subway or Hesburger (some europeans know what I'm talking about here).
3. This is a tough one since I have many favorites for different reasons. Here's some: kawacy, Culpeo-Fox, Mezamero, NanoMortis, Loputyn and Miles-Johnston.
4. I listen to a LOT of music of great variety. I love Paramore and Birdy. Resently I have found myself listening to a lot of Twenty One Pilots.
5. I hate bullying, of any kind. Emotional blackmailing is like the most triggering thing for me. It just makes me see red.
6. Um. Has a small existential chrisis. I have no idea. I stay up late, draw and watch too many youtube videous. I'm graduating this spring and after that I have to figure something out. I don't have any huge dreams or plans. I work it out as I go along. Hopefully I find some adventures on the way~
7. Nah. Nobody has tagged me in ages.
1. When did you start drawing and what did you draw then?
2. Who on deviantart is your art-senpai? Whose art or style inspires you?
3. Gimme me a song you forgot but found again resently.
4. What would you like to learn to draw next? Your next art goal.
5. What is your favorite piece in your dA gallery? Why?
6. Would you like some tea? Or if not, what is the beverage of your choice?
7. The drink you just said. If you could make it any flavour, what would it be? Go ahead, go crazy.
I tag TrustCourage, Copyplier, DarkGemX, norwayer, Moony-Bunny, Corcon, Knowko, tie-dieQ and Soulhunter98.
Of course you don't have to do this and I don't mind if you don't. And you can answer these even if I didn't tag you, I would love to hear the answers. Sometimes it's nice to do tags.
Have a nice day~
- Listening to: Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
- Reading: Love Letters to the Dead - Ava Dellaira
- Watching: Mark play Happy Room.
- Playing: Night in the Woods on and off
- Eating: Nothing cause I didn't go buy foooood
- Drinking: Water.
It's 2017! What a unfathomable number.
Last May I wrote in my journal that I wanted to get better at
Pictures with stories
Eyes with soul in them
Now that the year has turned, I look at my gallery and I do see a change. I have made backgrounds!
Even if I'm not where I want to be yet, this is progress. I'm not too fond of new years resolutions. This is more like a friendly reminder to myself: you have still things to get better at. I want to draw pictures with stories in them, and soul, and combine that with a detailed background. I also want to get faster, so that I can produce more art.
I'm starting school again the day after tomorrow. I should graduate this spring, if everything goes well (I can't say "goes as planned" since the plan is still very shaky). I've had a ton of fun lately at school. I have been able to draw more and corporate this passion as a part of our wood craft oriented studies.
Onwards to 2017! Do you have art resolutions for this year?
PS: Here's a shoutout to couple of my awesome friends from school:
Copyplier who is the dark prince of of fanart
and DarkGemX who I've made a couple of art trades with and who has awesome OC's
Yes, I know, this is a long journal. But I write these like twise a year, so who cares
- Listening to: Jacksepticeye play undertale
- Reading: Odininlapsi, Siri Pettersen
- Eating: Mince pies
- Drinking: Mulled wine
It's autumn again! As you could see, my to do-list for the summer kinda failed. But that was to be expected with the summer job and all. But now as it's fall again, school has started, the night are getting darker and I seem to be slipping back to my sweet bad habits of staying up late. And that means I have started drawing again, after months of hiatus. I wouldn't get my hopes up, though, but I'm having fun at the moment night drawing. You can check my sketched here: liljoja-art.tumblr.com/
Hopefully you hear more of me soon ♥
- Listening to: my roommate play audio surf next door
- Reading: Sulje silmäs pienoinen, Johanna Holmströ
- Watching: Free! Eternal Summer
- Drinking: Tea
For school: Butterfly effect
For work experience: A poster for general rules
Art for my game
Art for my fanfic
I want to get better. I should draw:
Pictures with stories
Eyes with soul in them
It's almost summer! I have kept my drawing gloves on quite well and I'm not planning on stopping. As you may have noticed, as well as doing things to do with space decor, I've also got a real drawing job: a poster! I'm so excited ^^ Well it's not that exciting since it's only a little thing for the place where I gather my work experience, but it is special to me ♥
I'm being a space decor artesan untill the end of May. Then I have two moths summer job at a department store.
...I'm going to be officially dead after this summer, aren't I?.
I hope you are all doing well
You will make it
It’ll all come true
Never stop being you
You make people happy
You will do miracles
You make me smile
I believe in you
Everybody needs to hear these.
Sorry, I go on being an emotional mess now.
I've recently found lots of new music. This makes me happy, because I have this irrational fear of missing out on songs I would like. There are so many songs in the world, there are probably ones that would change my life if I just found them. My favorite song might be out there and I would never find it! A strange fear, isn't it... Here is a link to my youtube playlist, so maybe you won't miss out on songs you might like. I have been listening to these ones while drawing recently. But to be fair, I have quite a peculiar taste in music.
The songs are:
Keeping Your Head Up, Birdy
Ingenue, Thom Yorke
House of Gold, Twenty One Pilots
Take away show: The Dø
Everything, City of the Sun
Savannah, Reliant K
Another Love, Tom Odell
Such Great Hights, Iron and Wine
Car Radio, Twenty One Pilots
I would be happy to hear your recommendations!
- Listening to: duh
- Reading: Jää - Ulla-Lena Lundberg
- Drinking: Tea
I have had things in mind I have wanted to draw. It may be best to put them down.
Eyes with soul. I want people to stare back at me.
People with SOME KIND OF EXPRESSIOn other than just sad or angry...
Belle-Etoile (c) Knowko
Fanart: Leona from Prague Race by Leppu
Smiling people. My Youth Is Yours
More than one person in one picture. My Youth Is Yours
NEW ID dear god that old one is OLD. Hello, it's me
A Valentine's Day card. Secret Valentine
Background. (Not) Alone in the Dark
I should revisit my troll-phase from 2011.
Tuesday, my old OC.
Ball gowns. And clothes in general.
Okay, let's see how that goes.
Other news, I made myself an art blog on tumblr link link! I will post wips and skethes there, so come and see and follow me if interested x3
Merry Christmas! New year is almost here! I hope it will be a creative one for you. Enjoy your Christmas holidays.
- Listening to: Blue Neighbourhood - Troye Sivan
- Reading: Nothing at the moment. Sad face.
- Watching: Dan and Phil Play Five Nights At Freddy's
- Playing: Yatzy
- Eating: Chocolate!
- Drinking: Mulled wine
I've been sitting on this quite a while and now I thought it would be a good time to share. Here are a couple of ways how you can unintentionally destroy a drawing.
Pick up a wrong colour marker and don't check it.
Drop an open marker / a brush with paint on it on your work.
Your nailpolish leaves stripes on the paper when you try to remove eraser crums.
Yet again, you try to get rid of those erased crums and you turn your pencil drawing into a smudge with a wipe of your hand.
"It wasn't dry yet!"
The edge crushing eraser of DEATH.
You try to ink a line and you draw it 10 miles from the original line.
You ink a line that you didn't mean to / that shouldn't be visible.
You forget to ink something and notice it after you have erased the sketch.
Well that was stresfull. Have you suffered from any of these? Did I forget something? Let me know in the comments.
(Ugh too much Dan and Phil is affecting my English.)
Later: Oh. I got more!
Leave the paper on the floor. And roll over it with a chair.
Leave the picture somewhere where little kids can get their hands on it.
Yes, I know, I treat my drawings badly. Don't call the visual child services department!
- Listening to: Bloom - Pascal Pinon
- Reading: Running with Scissors - Augusten Burroughss
- Watching: Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil
- Eating: Breakfast
Those Days when you wear so many rings you can hardly bend your fingers; the Days when long sleeves bother you.
Days when you bounce out of bed because every day is an adventure; the Mornings when you hide under the blankets 'till it's afternoon and you run out of pages to read.
The Days when silence is the only pain killer; the Days when you shout from the bottom of your lungs.
The Evenings when you fall asleep before others take out their dancing shoes; the Days when the night that tugs you in has a different date than the morning you woke up to.
They are all good.
- Listening to: Dirty Paws - Of Monsters and Men
- Reading: Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
Flowmore, Flowmoor or Flowmoore? I like the sound of the name, but I'm not crazy about its appearance. Help me?
- Listening to: Silent Storm - Carl Espen
- Reading: Goldfinch - Donna Tartt
- Eating: Cinnamon toast
- Listening to: Stay Alive - José González
- Reading: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke
I avoid writing by drawing.
And I'm drawing a lot lately.
When I start avoiding drawing by doing school work, the cycle is complete.
- Listening to: No light no light - Florence and the Machine
This didn't feel like a bithday in the morning, I was quite annoyed by the whole thing actually. But you cheered me up and I probably won't stop smiling until June
Soroxa drew me Benjamin and made me cry. I love the scene so much ;A; And the song lyrics she quoted.
And ttundris took advantage of my Tom Hiddleston obsession. I crumpled into a pile of screaming feels. It's not fair to completely unbalance one emotionally ;A;
I love you both!
and I speak to them until they discover their wings again
and fly away but between the lines I find happiness
- Listening to: Youth - Daughter
you learn to love the things you’ve got.
If you can’t be what you want
you learn to be the things you’re not.
If you can’t get what you need
you learn to need the things that stop you dreaming.
You use your words as a weapon, dear
But your blades don't hurt when you have no fear
You think that you're deep under my skin
You're trying to keep me suffering
If you use your words as a weapon
Then as a weapon, I'll shed no tears
What a shame we all remain
Such fragile broken things
A beauty half betrayed
Butterflies with punctured wings
Still there are darkened places deep in my heart
Where once was blazing light, now
There's a tiny spark.
Come and find me.
- Listening to: duh...
- Reading: Howl's Moving Castle: Diana Wynne Jones
- Watching: Vain elämää
User: Have you watched Sherlock?
User: Okay, never mind. You should.
Cleverbot: I have two dads.
User: Wow. Cool.
Cleverbot: Do you have a dog?
User: No. Do you?
Cleverbot: I have a job.
User: What kind of a job?
Cleverbot: A french bulldog.
User: What is it called?
User: Why Beryl?
Cleverbot: Because its my job.
Cleverbot: How are you?
User: Fine. How are you?
Cleverbot: Fantastic, thanks.
User: Why are you on a good mood?
Cleverbot: Because of mi amor.
User: Have you fallen in love?
User: Who is the lucky girl?
Cleverbot: Are you a philosopher?
User: I would like to be.
Cleverbot: Me too.
User: Say something philosophical.
User: He is from Harry Potter.
Cleverbot: Who is ginny weasley?
User: Harry's girlfriend.
Cleverbot: Whose harryy..?
User: Harry Potter.
User: Clever you.
Cleverbot: Clever me.
I should go and sleep...
But what happens when Wind falls in love with a human?
Story of love and jealousy.
Okay, I really start to like this project. I want to illustarte a short story I wrote. You could call it a fairytale. It would be 10 pages long. I just started working on the second picture and I'm on fire This journal will show my progress, but it is mostly for me, like a motivator
0. The Cover
1. Made for Each Other
2. Summer Rain
3. Kite Skies
4. Child of the Plains
5. They Fell in Love
6. The Evertear
7. She became Mist
9. Till the End of Times
- Listening to: We Should Be Through - Mikael Saari <3
- Reading: The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafón
I just sent my book to the publishers. And I'm FREAKING OUT! Five months in minimum and I know if they will publish it or not. Propaply not, but still! The waiting... arrrgh. But I'm happy. I made it. Even if they won't publish it, it is ready. I wrote a whole damn book! 180 pages, over 90k in words. I'm so happy
Keep your fingers crossed for me, please. For five monts. In minimum. Please.
- Listening to: All The Rowboats - Regina Spektor
- Reading: Urpukas - Tuulia Aho
Soroxa CAN in fact 'raise the roof'. And she can do it with one hand.
It is considered a great accomplishment to go down Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel. ttundris can go up Niagara Falls in a cardboard box.
In an emergency, tashistation can be used as a floatation device.
And so that this would be fair, here is three facts about me:
The only time Liljoja was wrong was when she thought she had made a mistake.
Liljoja was once in a knife fight, and the knife lost.
Liljoja can hold her breathe for nine years O.O can I?
EDIT: Okay, now the link actuelly works x3
- Listening to: Hurts - Happiness
- Reading: Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
- Watching: Sherlock *drools*
- Drinking: Tea